Friday, April 11, 2008

Going on vacation with our best friends

I know, I know, I just got off vacation, I haven't posted my trip and we are planning another for the summer. I have to plan 9 weeks of fun for my children. So 1 year ago my husband we will refer to him as Bubba agreed and promised that we would go to Florida with our best friends in 08'. We have all been talking about it for a year. Now is the time we need to book and if you could hear 4 adults trying to agree on a house to rent at the beach it is pretty hysterical.

Mind you there are 4 adults and 5 children going on this trip. This is going to be lots of fun. We are all pretty laid back and easy going. We start with a budget and that was interesting. I don't think there was one.
We are all searching on the Internet calling each other at all hours of the days, did you see this house or that house. If we only had $10k to spend each we could be right on the ocean and have a pool and 10 bedrooms. Back to reality. So we all agree on a house that will fit us and you know that it had no availability. Back to the drawing board. I think we have found a house that will fit us and we will have lots of fun.

So we went to dinner the other night and the rules came out. I just think to myself oh no! My best friend just turned into my mother. She requested the kitchen be clean at all times. I think to myself no problem then I asked if my bed be made for me everyday. We have had lots of laughs planning this. I am so excited.

When I was growing up I had lots of friends that had grown up together and of course the parents had known each other since the Pre-K days of their children. We moved when I was in 6th grade. So we weren't part of the spring break trip that everyone went to Myrtle beach. I always dreamed of having friends that we went on vacation with and our kids. There is no other family that I would rather spend a week with than our best friends.

Now it will be a debate between Red Wine or Red Stripe.

I look forward to lots of fun and sun! We can keep the kitchen clean and Bubba will make the bed for me in the morning.



post signature

4 comments:

Runner Girl said...

I might be able to put my blinders on for this trip. A few crumbs and keys on the kitchen counters never hurt anyone. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!! And, I'll make your bed for you...hospital corners, of course!

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much for checking out my blog... yours is an inspiration! Have a fabulous time on your trip! We just got back form a big family cruise... fortunately, no kitchen to clean and someone else made the beds!

Heather said...

You guys will have SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm not jealous at all. :o)

swilek said...

thanks for commenting on my blog re: Cape Cod! I LOVE the Cape too...I only discovered it a couple of years ago and want to go back every summer!! It's a GREAT road trip from up here in Canada- about 12 hours, give or take traffic! Last summer, my friend and I got caught unknowingly in the annual Drag Queen weekend in P-town!! Let's just say it was an adventure for 2 HETERsexuals!!:) We only went there to see the sunset- apparently one of the best on the island!! hehehe!!! Anyways, glad you enjoyed your vacation and know you will have a great one this summer with your best friends!!:)